- the time interval during which something or somebody is away
"he visited during my absence"
- the occurrence of an abrupt, transient loss or impairment of consciousness (which is not subsequently remembered), sometimes with light twitching, fluttering eyelids, etc.; common in petit mal epilepsy
- Nobody noticed my absence?
- Nobody noticed her absence.
- He excused his absence.
- Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
- I soon noticed his absence.
- Behave yourself during my absence.
- Absence is the greatest woe.
- Peter came in your absence.
- We were disappointed at her absence.
- A Mr Sato called in your absence.
- His absence was due to the storm.
- He returned home after a long absence.
- After a long absence, he returned home.
- Tom applied for a leave of absence.
- A terrible accident happened in his absence.