- a dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain
- My heart's aching.
- My foot is aching.
- My leg is aching.
- She was aching all over.
- I'm aching to go to Australia.
- He is still aching for his home.
- I was aching from the injury.
- I am aching to go abroad.
- I was aching for a cigarette.
- She was aching from head to foot.
- He is aching to go abroad.
- I was aching to tell her the secret.
- I'm aching to tell this good news to my family.
- She was aching to go to the party.
- An interesting record is still preserved of the inhuman cruelties which were inflicted on this admirable young woman in the secret of the prison house where no eye pitied her and where no friendly hand composed her aching limbs.