to act on
- regulate one's behavior in accordance with certain information, ideas, or advice
- Acids act on metals.
- Animals act on instinct.
- I'll act on your advice.
- Stop putting on an act.
- These pills act on the liver.
- Acids act on many things including metals.
- These pills act on the heart.
- You should act on your teacher's advice.
- I will act on your advice.
- He put on a suicide act.
- Does the medicine act on the stomach?
- He is putting on an act for you.
- The president urged employees to act on their initiative.
- Many were eager to get in on the act.
- The act ended and the lights were turned on.