- the trapped air that supports a hovercraft a short distance above the water or ground
- ‘ship’ means only a seagoing vessel, excluding an air-cushion vehicle;
- Parts and accessories of air-cushion vehicles are to be classified in the same way as those of vehicles of the heading in which the air-cushion vehicles are classified under the above provisions.
- Air-cushion vehicles are to be classified in this section with the vehicles to which they are most akin as follows:
- ‘ship’ shall mean a seagoing vessel, irrespective of its flag, of any type whatsoever operating in the marine environment and shall include hydrofoil boats, air-cushion vehicles, submersibles and floating craft.