- allelomorf, allel
- (genetics) either of a pair (or series) of alternative forms of a gene that can occupy the same locus on a particular chromosome and that control the same character
"some alleles are dominant over others"
- Lowest value of an allele
- Highest value of an allele
- an allele-determination or allele-calling error during the generation procedure of the DNA-profile.
- sheep carrying at least one ARR allele and no VRQ allele; and
- embryos carrying at least one ARR allele and no VRQ allele.
- sheep carrying at least one ARR allele which are intended solely for slaughter,
- breeding ewes carrying at least one ARR allele and no VRQ allele and, where such breeding ewes are pregnant at the time of the inquiry, the lambs subsequently born, if their genotype meets the requirements of this subparagraph,
- ewes carrying one ARR allele and no VRQ allele may be moved to other holdings which are restricted following the application of measures in accordance with point 2(b)(ii),
- all goats and sheep on the holding have been killed and destroyed, except for breeding rams of the ARR/ARR genotype and breeding ewes carrying at least one ARR allele and no VRQ allele;
- The comparison of two DNA-profiles will be performed on the basis of the loci for which a pair of allele values is available in both DNA-profiles.
- the date when all breeding rams on the holding are of ARR/ARR genotype and all breeding ewes carry at least one ARR allele and no VRQ allele, provided that during the three-year period, negative results are obtained from TSE testing of the following animals over the age of 18 months:
- When wild card values are provided for allele 1 or 2 then both permutations of the numerical value given for the locus will be searched (e.g. 12, * could match against 12,14 or 9,12),
- If three alleles are provided for one locus the first allele will be accepted and the remaining two alleles have to be automatically converted for the export to a wild card (*) and searched against all,
- A full match (Quality 1) is defined as a match, when all allele values of the compared loci commonly contained in the requesting and requested DNA-profiles are the same.
- Where the frequency of the ARR allele within the breed or holding is low, or where it is deemed necessary in order to avoid inbreeding, a Member State may decide to: