- energy derived from sources that do not use up natural resources or harm the environment
- They had no alternative energy sources.
- GATE Global Alternative Energy Germany GmbH, Wittenberg and Halle, Germany
- As the application of alternative energy supply systems is not generally explored to its full potential, alternative energy supply systems should be considered for new buildings, regardless of their size, pursuant to the principle of first ensuring that energy needs for heating and cooling are reduced to cost-optimal levels.
- Those rules should take account of the most greenhouse gas and energy-efficient techniques, substitutes, alternative production processes, use of biomass, renewables and CO2 capture and storage.
- Primarily because of delay in putting in place the required infrastructure for transporting gas and electricity, Aughinish has no alternative energy source to heavy fuel oil until 2006.
- Additional energy impacts: EPA and the European Commission are interested in providing consumers with choices that significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions compared to typical alternative choices.
- In cases of investment in additional equipment and procedures with no other function than energy saving, where no alternative comparable investment exists, the comparable investment costs are set at zero.
- If a Partner wishes to qualify configurations of a model for which non-qualifying alternative configurations exist, the Partner must assign the qualifying configurations an identifier using the model name/number that is unique to ENERGY STAR Qualified configurations.
- It should also not prevent contracting authorities and contracting entities from giving preference to alternative fuels, for example hydrogen, Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and biofuels, provided the lifetime energy and environmental impacts are taken into account.
- Having examined the available information, it was decided to exclude the following state schemes from the scope of investigation even though they are listed in the notice of initiation: Florida renewable energy technology grants program, Texan new technology research and development program, Washington state energy freedom program (second part), Alabama alternative fuels and research development fund, North Dakota biodiesel sales equipment tax credit and Nebraska alternative fuel vehicle and refuelling infrastructure loans.
- As an alternative, the measurement instrument would have to be capable of integrating energy over any user selected time interval with an energy resolution of less than or equal to 0,1 mWh and integrating time displayed with a resolution of 1 second or less.
- Indeed, the survival of Ottana Energia even contributes to stabilise competition in the Sardinian energy market, as Ottana Energia is in fact the only alternative energy supplier to the dominant suppliers Enel and Endessa which have together more than 95 % market share.
- Based on market and publicly available information , all types of biodiesel and biodiesel blends (a mix of biodiesel with mineral diesel as explained in recital (22) below), which are produced and sold in the USA are considered to be biodiesel fuels and are part of a legislative package concerning energy efficiency and renewable energy and alternative fuels.
- Based on market and publicly available information , all types of biodiesel and biodiesel blends (a mix of biodiesel with mineral diesel as explained in recital (20) below), which are produced and sold in the USA are considered to be biodiesel fuels and are part of a legislative package concerning energy efficiency and renewable energy and alternative fuels.
- Research will improve the cleanliness and energy-efficiency of power-trains (e.g. hybrid-solutions) and promote the use of alternative fuels, including hydrogen and fuel cells as mid- and long-term options, taking into account cost-efficiency and energy efficiency considerations.