- a progressive form of presenile dementia that is similar to senile dementia except that it usually starts in the 40s or 50s; first symptoms are impaired memory which is followed by impaired thought and speech and finally complete helplessness
- He gave a speech about Alzheimer's disease.
- My dad's friend was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease.
- Alzheimer's disease affects mainly people older than 60 years.
- Researchers are still a long way off from understanding the mechanism involved in Alzheimer's disease.
- Tom passed away last winter after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease.