- hoogste diplomaat; ambassadeur(svrouw)
- a diplomat of the highest rank; accredited as representative from one country to another
- an informal representative
"an ambassador of good will"
- The ambassador returned.
- He's the ambassador to Haiti.
- The ambassador was recalled from Warsaw.
- The ambassador is responsible for the assignment.
- Her ambition is to become an ambassador.
- He was appointed ambassador to Britain.
- The British ambassador liked Burr's plan.
- He was ambassador to the United Nations.
- She's the French ambassador to Portugal.
- The ambassador is leaving Japan tonight.
- The American Ambassador was invited to the gathering.
- The government appointed Mr Brown ambassador to Peru.
- He was just appointed as the American ambassador to Japan.
- He has just been appointed the U.S. Ambassador to Japan.
- The ambassador will be recalled from his present post soon.