- underground bed or layer yielding ground water for wells and springs etc
- The aquifer is contaminated.
- Aquifer storage
- Saline Aquifer
- PC Saline Aquifer
- IGCC Saline Aquifer
- Saline Aquifer Compostilla
- at least three projects with saline aquifer storage are selected.
- Transport of CO2 from industrial installation (steel plant) to underground storage (saline aquifer)
- Quantities stored in special storage facilities (depleted gas and/or oil field, aquifer, salt cavity, mixed caverns or other) as well as liquefied natural gas storage.
- This refers to recoverable natural gas stored in special storage facilities (depleted gas and/or oil field, aquifer, salt cavity, mixed caverns, or other) as well as liquefied natural gas storage.
- With regard to CCS demonstration projects, with saline aquifer storage, award decisions shall be conditional upon all relevant national permits in accordance with relevant requirements under Union law being issued, approval by the Commission of any State aid in respect of a project being granted, and final investment decisions being reached by the sponsors, within 36 months of adoption of the award decisions.
- With a view to ensuring technological diversity, eight CCS demonstration projects should be funded (with at least one and, at most, three projects in each project category, at least three with hydrocarbon reservoir storage, and at least three with saline aquifer storage) in the first round of calls for proposals, and one project should be funded in each of the RES project subcategories in the first round of calls for proposals.