(law) a name under which a corporation conducts business that is not the legal name of the corporation as shown in its articles of incorporation
a name that has been assumed temporarily
- He travelled under an assumed name.
- She's been living for the last five years under an assumed name.
- surname, maiden name, given names and any alias or assumed name;
- Until a statement to the contrary is published, a qualified entity is assumed to have legal capacity if its name is included in that list.
- personal data concerning persons referred to in point (e) related to characteristics likely to assist in their identification, including fingerprints, as well as the following particulars, with the exclusion of other personal data: surname, maiden name, given names and any alias or assumed name; date and place of birth, nationality, sex; place of residence, profession and whereabouts; driving licenses, identification documents and passport data.