- iem. die er zijn werk van maakt of die de gave heeft boeken te schrijven
- writes (books or stories or articles or the like) professionally (for pay)
- He's an author.
- The author is Brazilian.
- He's an excellent author.
- Who's your favorite British author?
- Ogai is his favorite author.
- Who is your favorite author?
- The author has a good style.
- The author has a beautiful style.
- Shakespeare is the author of Hamlet.
- The author described the murder case vividly.
- Dickens was the author of 'Oliver Twist'.
- Graham Greene is my favorite author.
- Her daughter eloped with a young author.
- He is a doctor and an author.
- He decided to become an author.