- operating with minimal human intervention; independent of external control
"a budget deficit that caused automatic spending cuts"
- Automatic parking lot.
- This is an automatic door.
- She has an automatic washing machine.
- Production improves by becoming more automatic.
- Tom has an automatic card shuffler.
- The automatic doors opened and Tom got in.
- Most workers get an automatic pay raise every year.
- I am a translation system but I am not automatic!
- 4-speed automatic transmission is available as an option.
- Fully automatic story generation remains an unsolved problem for computer scientists.
- List data can easily be totalled using the automatic sum function.
- The girl, her eyes shining brightly from that single hint, makes her cute cat-motif automatic pencil run across her notebook.
- Automatic doors can be controlled more intelligently than is now the case. A newly developed control system opens the door only when someone is actually approaching. The door will remain closed if someone is merely standing in front of it or walking past.
- Automatic valves