- having a back or backing, usually of a specified type
- used of film that is coated on the side opposite the emulsion with a substance to absorb light
- Tom backed away.
- He backed abruptly away.
- She backed out at the last moment.
- They backed me up in everything.
- He backed us up during that incident.
- Nobody backed up what I said.
- Many of his friends backed his plan.
- He backed us up in the case.
- My house is backed by woods.
- She backed her car into the garage.
- All his friends backed his plan.
- Traffic downtown is all backed up.
- They backed him up in everything.
- He backed his car into the garage.
- At today's meeting almost everybody backed my plan.