a loan made by a bank; to be repaid with interest on or before a fixed date
- He got a loan from the bank.
- The bank vetoed my student loan application.
- The bank refused to grant me the loan.
- You can get a loan from a bank.
- The bank accommodated him with a loan of 10,000 yen.
- The bank came through with the loan we had requested.
- He paid his loan back to the bank.
- We must ask the bank for the loan.
- The bank accommodated the company with a loan.
- The company asked the bank to loan them some money to buy new machinery.
- I'd like to get a bank loan, but how do I go about that?
- Tom has been trying to get a loan from a bank.
- All having been spent on repairs, he applied to the bank for the loan.
- I've got to get some money somehow to repay the bank loan.
- Credit is the amount or sum placed at a person's disposal by a bank; a loan of money.