be all and end all
be all and end all
the essential factor; the all-important element; the supreme aim
- If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well / It were done quickly: if the assassination / Could trammel up the consequence, and catch / With his surcease success; that but this blow / Might be the be-all and the end-all here, / But here, upon this bank and shoal of time, / We'd jump the life to come.
- When we come to die, we shall be alone. From all our worldly possessions we shall be about to part. Worldly friends — the friends drawn to us by our position, our wealth, or our social qualities, — will leave us as we enter the dark valley. From those bound to us by stronger ties — our kindred, our loved ones, children, brothers, sisters, and from those not less dear to us who have been made our friends because they and we are the friends of the same Saviour, — from them also we must part. Yet not all will leave us. There is One who "sticketh closer than a brother" — One who having loved His own which are in the world loves them to the end.
- for all other material (including harmful organisms), at the end of the duration of the approved activities, and for all material found to be contaminated during the activities:
- At the end of the driving cycle the engine bonnet shall be completely closed and all connections between the vehicle and the test stand disconnected.
- All contributions and payments shall be made as soon as possible, and at the latest within six months of the end of the period to which they apply.
- All imprests shall be entered in a suspense account and cleared no later than the end of the following financial year, except in the case of standing imprests.
- As it has been found that all types of fasteners within the same standard had similar basic characteristics and end-uses, the above argument had to be rejected.
- To this end, the Commission sent questionnaires to all parties known to be concerned and to all the other companies that made themselves known within the deadlines set out in the notice of initiation.
- To this end, the Commission sent questionnaires to all parties known to be concerned and to all the other exporters that made themselves known within the deadlines set out in the notice of initiation.
- As regards refugee return, complete without delay the processing of those requests for housing reconstruction already submitted; reconstruct all houses for which there is a positive decision by end 2005 and reconstruct by end 2006 all other houses for which a positive decision will be forthcoming.
- As regards refugee return, complete without delay the processing of those requests for housing reconstruction already submitted; reconstruct all houses for which there is a positive decision by end 2005 and reconstruct by end 2006 all other houses for which a positive decision will be forthcoming. Complete the repossession of houses without any further delay.
- Use of halons would therefore not be permitted and all halon fire extinguishers and fire protection systems should be replaced, converted or decommissioned by the end date, in accordance with Article 13(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1005/2009.
- To this end, and to achieve a harmonised level of monitoring in all Member States, the criteria and technical procedures for carrying out administrative and on-the-spot checks should be set out in detail.
- To that end, provision should be made for measures to facilitate the adjustment of supply to market requirements, and an aid replacing all national silkworm aids should be granted for silkworm rearing.
- For the energy end-use specification the following aggregates apply for all fuels, except for refinery feedstocks, additives/oxygenates, biofuels and other hydro-carbons, but including fuels used for non energy purposes (petroleum cokes and others, to be declared separately):