to beat in
teach by drills and repetition
- They beat the door in.
- Tom beat Mary in tennis.
- I beat him completely in the debate.
- I realized that I couldn't beat him in math.
- In order to beat them, we practice very hard.
- Deep Blue beat chess grandmaster Gary Kasparov in 1997.
- I hope to go to Japan and beat the Japanese in ahjong.
- The English team beat the Brazilian team in the international football tournament.
- Tom thought Mary could probably beat him in a swimming race.
- Our soccer team beat all the other teams in the town.
- "... in other words, sex!?" "Geez, you don't beat around the bush!"
- In the automotive industry of the 1970's, Japan beat the U.S. at its own game.
- Our team can easily beat your team in the first game.
- The English team beat the Brazilian team in the international soccer tournament.
- My brother is so smart and witty that I cannot beat him in an argument.