- a man who is Black
- The tall man wears a black suit.
- The short man wears a black suit.
- It was the tall man in the long, black coat.
- And a tall man dressed in black reading a newspaper.
- The dumber the white man is, the more the black man looks dumb to him.
- The last to leave was a tall man, with a pale face and smooth, black hair.
- The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.
- He said they wanted to fight until every black man was free.
- It was an old man that was hit by the black car.
- The girl in the red dress ignored the man dressed in black and called a friend on her cellphone.
- The woman in a red dress ignored the black-clothed man and called a friend on her mobile.
- Not a drop more or a drop less of His blood was for a white man or black man, a male or female, old or young, retarded, crippled, blind, deaf, dumb or precious baby in the womb.
- The fat woman, the young couple, the sleeping Indian and the tall man in black, but now skin and flesh and hair had disappeared, and empty eye sockets stared from gleaming white skulls.
- I never saw a circle of such hateful faces; and there was the man in the middle, with a kind of black sneering coolness — frightened too, I could see that — but carrying it off really like Satan.