- dry (ink) with blotting paper
- This blot can't be wiped out.
- These factories are a blot on the landscape.
- Father's bankruptcy was a blot on the family's reputation.
- I got an ink blot on this form.
- Parents try not to think about it, hoping that if they blot the children out, the fateful call or cable will never come.
- Trichinella specific antibody response (IFA test, ELISA or Western Blot)
- Wash plates three times and blot dry as before.
- Dip the slides briefly in xylol and blot dry on tissue paper.
- Wash in gently running tap water, blot dry on tissue paper and apply a coverslip.
- Disinfect stem segments briefly with ethanol 70 % and immediately blot dry on tissue paper.
- one of the two rapid tests is a Western blot; and
- Positive samples can be confirmed using virus neutralisation and/or Western blot analyses.
- Wash the plates five times with PBST and blot dry as above.
- Disinfect stem segments briefly with ethanol 70 % and immediately blot dry on tissue paper. Then process the stem segments by one of the following procedures: either,
- As stated on page 10 of this report, the modified test also fails to detect samples already confirmed as true positive by Western blot or immunoblot assays.