- broos; zeer breekbaar; teer
- capable of being broken or damaged
"earthenware pottery is breakable"
"breakable articles should be packed carefully"
- an article that is fragile and easily broken
"pack the breakables separately"
- Glass is breakable.
- be made of readily-breakable safety glass.
- Roof escape hatches shall be ejectable, hinged or made of readily-breakable safety glass.
- be made of readily-breakable safety glass. This latter provision precludes the possibility of using panes of laminated glass or of plastic material.
- Where windows are provided, breakable glass should be screened using a protective physical barrier or be situated out of reach of the animals.
- In the case of a readily-breakable hatch, a device shall be provided adjacent to the hatch, readily available to persons inside the vehicle, to ensure that the hatch can be broken.
- Fire extinguishers and first aid kits may be secured against theft or vandalism (e.g. in an internal locker or behind breakable glass), provided that the locations of these items are clearly marked and means are provided for persons to extract them easily in an emergency.
- The height of the lower edge of an emergency window fitted in the side of the vehicle from the general level of the floor immediately below it (excluding any local variations such as the presence of a wheel or transmission housing) shall be not more than 1200 mm nor less than 650 mm in the case of a hinged emergency window, or 500 mm in the case of a window made of breakable glass.