to build up
- enlarge, develop, or increase by degrees or in stages
"build up your savings"
- Try to build up your strength.
- You must build up your courage.
- Reading helps you build up your vocabulary.
- I want to build up my vocabulary.
- Build up your body while young.
- I think I have a lot of plaque build up.
- The new president wants to build up the army.
- To begin with, you must build up your body.
- It is important that we build up our health.
- The Shanghainese people must build up Shanghai's new image.
- The Allies continued to build up their forces in France.
- First you have to build up your vocabulary.
- We're saving up to build a new house.
- The specialist predicts international tension will build up.
- And in a moment we smashed up, what it had taken us years to build.