- a government that is administered primarily by bureaus that are staffed with nonelective officials
- any organization in which action is obstructed by insistence on unnecessary procedures and red tape
- The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy.
- The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
- Adopting a child is a tough decision with plenty of bureaucracy to wade through.
- While the bureaucracy comes up with sweetly technical terms like "less advantaged," the slums brim with malcontent.
- Furthermore, Tieliikelaitos has incurred expenses due to the broader reporting obligations imposed upon State Enterprises in comparison with private undertakings, and the administrative bureaucracy of State enterprises.