- The business deal may tell in our favor.
- The IDA's main motivation for granting the loan was therefore to ensure that the company could take advantage of business opportunities before the deal with […] was closed and to ensure that the deal would be concluded swiftly.
- Concerning AGB’s banking business, AGB1, that was sold in an asset deal to GECB, the Commission considers the guarantee arrangements and the Put Option as beneficial since they allowed AGB1’s business to continue.
- Where the measures provided for in paragraphs 2 and 3 are taken to deal with repeated non-compliance by a feed or food business, the competent authority shall charge any expenses arising from such measures to the business in question.
- In addition, they offered a ‘fix-it-first’ solution so that the Commission could ensure that a suitable buyer is found before the parties could complete their deal. This measure ensured the viability of the business.
- With respect to KBC, any restructuring plan should demonstrate that it has taken measures to deal with the source of its difficulties, that its business model is viable and that it is able to withstand a realistic stress scenario.
- As it was found that most of the importers/formulators deal with a range of products other than glyphosate, it is considered that, even if measures would have the effect of limiting a decrease in glyphosate acid prices, the impact of the measures on the overall business of these companies would be limited.
- … In March 2000, France Télécom thus invested EUR 3,7 billion in a 28,5 % shareholding, valuing the operator at 80 times its EBITDA (compared with a stock-exchange valuation before rumours of the deal emerged of the order of 65 times EBITDA), or a premium of EUR 570 million. This contribution, which initially took the form of an irrevocable guaranteed loan, was payable by France Télécom even in the event of failure to obtain the UMTS licence.In addition, as part of a cooperation agreement of which your Rapporteur has become aware, France Télécom undertook to give Mobilcom, without restriction, the financial support necessitated by participation in the bidding mechanism and the development of UMTS activity in Germany ... In return for these commitments, the risks brought by Mobilcom were considerable. The business plan drawn up in support of the operation seems to have been highly imperfect.