- a vertical glass tube used in column chromatography; a mixture is poured in the top and washed through a stationary substance where components of the mixture are adsorbed selectively to form colored bands
- Chromatography column
- Column chromatography
- Aluminium oxide acidic activity grade I for column chromatography.
- The chromatography will vary according to the type of HPLC and column packing material used.
- Separation through a column by reversed-phase chromatography and determination at 280 nm.
- DETERMINING SITOSTEROL OR STIGMASTEROL IN BUTTER OR CONCENTRATED BUTTER BY CAPILLARY-COLUMN GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY
- The sterols are transformed into trimethyl-silyl ethers and are analysed by capillary-column gas chromatography with reference to an internal standard/betulin.
- Analytical method Method for determination of the active substance: high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) with post-column derivatisation and UV detection (λ = 520 nm).
- For gas chromatography with a packed column, prepare a 5 % (volume fraction) solution of the fat (obtained according to 7.1) in n-hexane (4.4) or n-heptane (4.5).
- Analytical method Method for determination of the active substance: high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) with post-column derivatisation and UV detection (λ = 520 nm)
- The fat extracted from milk or milk products is analysed by gas chromatography using a packed or a short capillary column to determine the triglycerides (TGs), separated by total carbon numbers.
- Liquid chromatography system consisting of a pump (flow of 1,0 ml/min), an injector (20 μl injection, automatic or manual), an UV detector (operated at 306 nm, 0,01 Å full scale), a recorder or integrator and a column thermostat operating at 25 °C