- vederwolk, cirrus, windveer
- a wispy white cloud (usually of fine ice crystals) at a high altitude (4 to 8 miles)
- However, none of these estimates takes into account the highly uncertain cirrus cloud effects.
- developments in scientific understanding on the climate change impacts of contrails and cirrus clouds caused by aviation with a view to proposing effective mitigation measures.
- Research on the formation of contrails and cirrus clouds and effective mitigation measures, including operational and technical measures, should be promoted.