something achieved (or escaped) by a narrow margin
- That was a close call.
- When the bus swerved to miss a cat, the driver said, "That was a close call."
- It was a close call when the little girl almost drowned in the lake.
- .2 Manually operated call points shall be provided as necessary throughout the special category spaces and one shall be placed close to each exit from such spaces.
- are so close to maturity or the financial asset’s call date (for example, less than three months before maturity) that changes in the market rate of interest would not have a significant effect on the financial asset’s fair value;
- The duties of the President shall be to open, suspend and close sittings; to rule on the admissibility of amendments, on questions to the Council and Commission, and on the conformity of reports with these Rules; to ensure observance of these Rules, maintain order, call upon speakers, close debates, put matters to the vote and announce the results of votes; and to refer to committees any communications that concern them.
- partial support following a call for proposals, in which case, the Community co-financing may not exceed, as a general rule, 80 % of the total expenditure incurred by the recipient. Any financial support in excess of this ceiling may be granted only in exceptional circumstances and after close scrutiny.
- The Centre shall perform its activities in close cooperation with the institutions and other bodies referred to in the Agreement or the annexed declarations. The Centre may, where necessary, call upon regional and international institutions, particularly those which are situated in the Community or ACP States and which deal with matters relating to agricultural and rural development.
- The programme will provide support to appropriate bodies, which will be selected following an open call for proposals to act as awareness-raising nodes in each Member State and candidate country and, which will carry out awareness-raising actions and programmes in close cooperation with all relevant actors at national, regional and local levels.
- The close link between social security legislation and those contractual provisions which complement or replace such legislation and which have been the subject of a decision by the public authorities rendering them compulsory or extending their scope may call for similar protection with regard to the application of those provisions to that afforded by this Regulation.
- In the insurance sector, close to its core business, BAWAG-PSK will quickly sell an interest of more than 50 % in P.S.K. Versicherung AG and BAWAG-Versicherung AG, and also grant a call option for the buyer for the rest of the shares.
- In the insurance sector, close to its core business, BAWAG-PSK will quickly sell an interest of more than 50 % in P.S.K. Versicherung AG and BAWAG-Versicherung AG, and also grant a call option for the buyer for the rest of the shares. The relating discounted value amounts to more than EUR […] billion.
- After analysing the loan conditions granted by the banks to the LNE, even if the guarantee that is the corollary of its status as a public industrial and commercial enterprise conferred an advantage on the LNE for public sector activities, this advantage would be very small in value, close to the de minimis amount, and would not call into question the proportionality tests carried out in paragraphs 101 to 103 in respect of public service compensation.
- Technical and scientific progress may call for the rapid adaptation of certain of the requirements laid down in Annex I. In order to facilitate the introduction of the measures required for this purpose, a procedure should be laid down whereby close cooperation would be established between Member States and the Commission in accordance with Council Decision 1999/468/EC of 28 June 1999 laying down the procedures for the exercise of implementing powers conferred on the Commission .
- In the event of a counterparty using assets that, owing to an identity with the issuer/debtor/guarantor or the existence of close links, it may not or no longer use to secure an outstanding credit, it is obliged to immediately notify the relevant national central bank thereof. The assets are valued at zero on the next valuation date and a margin call may be triggered (see also Annex 6). In addition, the counterparty has to remove the asset on the earliest possible date.