- bewakingsdienst op zee
- a military service responsible for the safety of maritime traffic in coastal waters
- Coastguard building construction work
- This study should, if appropriate, be followed by a proposal on a European coastguard.
- In order better to prevent and combat marine pollution, synergies should be created between enforcement authorities such as national coastguard services.
- In this context, the Commission should undertake a feasibility study on a European coastguard dedicated to pollution prevention and response, making clear the costs and benefits.
- call for the assistance of the relevant authorities in the respective States, including flag-State and port-State surveyors, coastguard officers, vessel traffic service operators, search and rescue teams, pilots or other port or maritime personnel.
- The Commission shall, before the end of 2006, submit to the European Parliament and the Council a feasibility study on a European coastguard dedicated to pollution prevention and response, making clear the costs and benefits.