- a commissioned naval officer who ranks above a lieutenant commander and below a captain
- He is Commander Joki.
- The commander refused to negotiate.
- Commander Joki has a family.
- The commander exposed his men to gunfire.
- The British commander was forced to surrender.
- He is commander of our troops.
- The commander said they would stay.
- The commander was roaring at his soldiers.
- They were beginning to lose faith in their commander.
- The commander gave orders that his men fire at once.
- The British commander ordered his men to rest for the night.
- However, when I finally reached the castle I was thrown into this prison by the commander of the imperial guard.
- The launch, which had been scheduled for this morning, was postponed because of the illness of shuttle Commander John Creighton.