an increase in the density of something
- Soil compaction
- Refuse-compaction vehicles
- Ride-on compaction equipment and the like
- Compaction machines (vibrating rollers, vibratory plates, vibratory rammers)
- (Towed and hand held compaction equipment) Tamping or compacting machinery (excluding self-propelled)
- Method of compaction (e.g. type of roller, roller mass, number of passes);
- (Towed and hand-held compaction equipment) Tamping or compacting machinery (excluding self-propelled)
- The stability over time is determined mainly by the polishing and compaction by vehicles driving on the surface.
- Relevant parameters to be considered are: granulometry, plasticity, density and water content, degree of compaction, shear strength and angle of friction, permeability and void ratio, compressibility and consolidation.
- Wheeled dozers, wheeled loaders, wheeled excavator-loaders, dumpers, graders, loader-type landfill compactors, combustion-engine driven counterbalanced lift trucks, mobile cranes, compaction machines (non-vibrating rollers), paver-finishers, hydraulic power packs