the act of examining resemblances
- You're comparing chalk and cheese!
- You're comparing apples and oranges!
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
- Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of others.
- The explanation below was achieved by comparing and contrasting a variety of different theories.
- Evidence that the above example is farfetched can be seen by comparing the total occurrences of component X.
- Comparing American English and British English is like counting incompatible sets of floors of a building. That's why, when you try translating over and over again between the two, it's like climbing an endless set of floors. You might even reach the moon someday doing that.
- It is quite interesting because it shows how foreign institutions deal with events like this space shuttle accident, for example by defining the death of the astronauts as a great loss for the whole nation, considering these astronauts as national heroes and comparing them to important explorers of the past.
- Checks for multiple alerts are made by comparing numbers.
- A multiple comparisons procedure for comparing several treatments with a control.
- uncertainty always has to be taken into account when comparing a test result with a limit.
- when comparing a reformulated veterinary medicinal product with the existing one,
- The table is in the form of a synopsis comparing the destinations for each country.
- This latter provision does not apply to research comparing hESC with other human stem cells.
- This conclusion was reached after comparing the profitability rates of the cooperating Community producers.