- remaining in force or being carried on without letup
"the act provided a continuing annual appropriation"
"the continuing struggle to put food on the table"
- Poverty prevented him from continuing his studies.
- I'm continuing to drink more than I should.
- I see no point in continuing this conversation.
- Beating the game without continuing unlocks the secret character.
- After continuing days of warm weather, it became cold.
- Continuing volatility is a safe bet in today's market.
- "How are things going?" "Terrific. Income and profit are continuing to rise steadily."
- I will play Sudoku then instead of continuing to bother you.
- The dismissal of foreign minister Tanaka is symbolic of the continuing political turmoil.
- Education must not be limited to our youth, but it must be a continuing process through our entire lives.
- Scientific research is not a mechanical routine, but a continuing struggle on the part of the scientist.
- Encouraged by the continuing trickle of hits and the rarely arriving email I've somehow kept going till now.
- In the name of the Brazilian president, Luiz Inacio Lula de Silva, Claudio Soarez Rocha expressed admiration for the continuing effort which Esperanto-speaking people throughout the world are always making, for the greater spread of Esperanto. He wrote, amongst other things,“We know that in the history of mankind, there have been languages that have become intrusive as a result of political power, such as Latin, or to a certain extent French and lately, English. We very much wish, in fact, that one day Esperanto could be accepted by the majority of the nations, as a language adopted to facilitate communication without linguistic privileges.”
- CONTINUING OBLIGATIONS
- Continuing education