- unusual or period attire not characteristic of or appropriate to the time and place
"in spite of the heat he insisted on his woolen costume"
- the prevalent fashion of dress (including accessories and hair style as well as garments)
- furnish with costumes; as for a film or play
- Nice costume.
- I like your costume.
- Let's see this costume.
- Tom and Mary attended a costume party.
- This style of costume originated in Paris.
- She wore a pirate costume for Halloween.
- Where can I rent a Halloween costume?
- Where can I rent a costume?
- He wore a pirate costume for Halloween.
- We've been invited to a costume party.
- She was all the more beautiful dressed in her wedding costume.
- She is going to have another blouse made to go with her costume.
- What kind of costume are you planning on wearing to the Halloween party?
- "Iberism" is the new costume of the most expansionist Spanish nationalism. New Guernicas are to be expected...
- The bits of costume and harness that Flaubert mentions have vanished, but the reasons he calls them out are eternal.