to cotton on
understand, usually after some initial difficulty
- Bite down on the cotton roll.
- Try on that shirt. It's made of fine cotton.
- Japan depends on overseas countries for the supply of raw cotton.
- Manufacturing and processing of textile materials on cotton machinery
- The test should be made on raw cotton, before it comes through any wet treatment, for each lot of cotton or two times a year if more than two lots of cotton per year are received.
- Paragraph 3 of Protocol 4 on cotton annexed to the Act of Accession of Greece
- On page 3, in Article 1, ‘The world price for unginned cotton’:
- Paragraph 3 of Protocol No 4 on cotton annexed to the Act of Accession of Greece
- In accordance with Article 4 of Regulation (EC) No 1051/2001, a world market price for unginned cotton is to be determined periodically from the price for ginned cotton recorded on the world market and by reference to the historical relationship between the price recorded for ginned cotton and that calculated for unginned cotton.
- helping to coordinate better the way cotton is placed on the market, particularly through research studies and market surveys;
- amending Regulation (EC) No 74/2004 imposing a definitive countervailing duty on imports of cotton-type bedlinen originating in India
- Having regard to the Act of Accession of Greece, and in particular Protocol 4 on cotton  thereof,
- Prevention of bacterial and fungal diseases on tomatoes, marrows and cucumbers, bushes and herbaceous ornamentals, cotton and raspberry bush
- Having regard to the Act of Accession of Greece, and in particular Protocol 4 on cotton ,
- The cotton aid scheme requires Member States to send their producers certain information on cotton growing, such as approved varieties, the objective criteria for authorising land and the minimum plant density.