- worth having or seeking or achieving
"a desirable job"
"computer with many desirable features"
- It is desirable that you stop smoking.
- I find Italian food very desirable.
- It is desirable that she should apologize to him herself.
- She ends up with the most desirable one.
- It is desirable that nobody should be hurt.
- It would be highly desirable for you to come.
- It is desirable that you should attend the meeting.
- It is desirable that atomic energy should be used for peaceful purposes.
- It is the things that we do not possess which seem to us most desirable.
- From "desire": desirable-admirable from "admire", Lumber, plumber, bier, but brier,
- It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off.
- I realize I may not be the most desirable man in the world, but I still hope you'll consider going out with me.
- Compliant, but improvement desirable
- in conformity, but improvement desirable;
- consideration of whether any amendments to this Convention are desirable.