- separated in space or coming from or going to a distance
"the sound of distant traffic"
- You seem distant.
- Distant things look blurred.
- He is my distant relation.
- Sometimes he seems very distant.
- He is a distant relation of hers.
- Distant water won't quench your immediate thirst.
- All places are distant from heaven alike.
- The moon is distant from the earth.
- We encountered him in a distant town.
- The pilgrims brought gifts from distant lands.
- He tried climbing the distant mountain.
- Ants and giraffes are distant relatives.
- Ants and giraffes are distant cousins.
- My son lives in a distant place.
- We saw the gleam of a distant lighthouse.