- a person who gets up very early in the morning
- a person who arrives early before others do
- He's an early bird.
- I'm not an early bird.
- Early bird gets the worm.
- The early bird gets the worm.
- The early bird catches the worm.
- My father is an early bird; he gets up at 5:30 every day.
- I don't care if the early bird gets the worm, I want to sleep.
- Due to the increased interest of Member States in early detection of low pathogenic avian influenza in their poultry and wild bird populations, the amounts applied for by the Member States under Commission Decision 2004/111/EC exceed EUR 600000.