- the direction corresponding to the eastward cardinal compass point
- the region of the United States lying to the north of the Ohio River and to the east of the Mississippi River
- a location in the eastern part of a country, region, or city
- to, toward, or in the east
"we travelled east for several miles"
"located east of Rome"
- situated in or facing or moving toward the east
- We're going east.
- My room faces east.
- Tom is going east.
- The plane flew east.
- The wind is blowing east.
- East is a wispy matter.
- I'm from the East Coast.
- The Allies then moved east into Belgium.
- Japan is to the east of China.
- I'm to the east of the west.
- The sun always rises in the east.
- Japan is on the 135th meridian East.
- They explored Lake Tanganyika in East Africa.
- Japan faces the Pacific on the east.
- Many ports are in the east.