the offspring who came first in the order of birth
- Old is eldest.
- He is the eldest.
- He is the eldest in his class.
- The eldest sister acted for the mother.
- What's the name of your eldest brother?
- My eldest son is studying right now.
- Suddenly the eldest daughter spoke up, saying, "I want candy."
- Fatima is the eldest student in our class.
- It is her eldest daughter that he loves most.
- The eldest son succeeded to all the property.
- The king's eldest son is the heir to the throne.
- His elder sister is older than my eldest brother.
- He put his eldest daughter in charge of his second restaurant.
- Although I was the eldest son in the family, I was the third child in the sequence, so everyone from superiors to inferiors called Yun “third lady.”
- Her mother knew that her eldest daughter had signed up for a drama seminar, but she had no idea that she was so deeply involved as to appear on stage.