- het door stemmen aanwijzen
- the act of selecting someone or something; the exercise of deliberate choice
"her election of medicine as a profession"
- a vote to select the winner of a position or political office
"the results of the election will be announced tonight"
- the status or fact of being elected
"they celebrated his election"
- the predestination of some individuals as objects of divine mercy (especially as conceived by Calvinists)
- The election was unanimous.
- Lincoln won the election.
- He stood for an election.
- He was chosen by election.
- Warren Harding won the election.
- He won the next election.
- The election was in November.
- He was seeking re-election.
- Truman campaigned until Election Day.
- He would seek re-election.
- The election was very close.
- The election results were extremely close.
- The outcome of the election is doubtful.
- Coolidge won the 1924 election easily.
- Next year is an election year.