- ruimte waarin zich de machines bevinden
a room (as on a ship) in which the engine is located
- Man the engine room.
- Centre lathes (engine or tool-room)
- (1.1)(f) — Direct communication and communication with the engine room
- operate the engine room safely throughout the forthcoming voyage;
- (1.1)(b) — Bilge levels in the main engine room
- Non-numerically controlled horizontal centre lathes (engine or tool-room)
- Secure and control access to the bridge, engine room, steering gear room, and all accommodation/internal spaces.
- Mandatory minimum requirements for certification of ratings forming part of a watch in a manned engine-room or designated to perform duties in a periodically unmanned engine-room
- Mandatory minimum requirements for certification of officers in charge of an engineering watch in a manned engine-room or designated duty engineers in a periodically unmanned engine-room
- up to 250 passengers one main engine pump and one independent power pump, located and powered outside the engine room,
- over 250 passengers one main engine pump and two independent power pumps, one of which has to be located and powered outside the engine room.
- .5 Means shall be provided for the propulsion machinery and the propeller to be stopped in cases of emergencies from relevant positions outside of the engine room/engine control room, e.g. open deck or the wheel house.
- Insufficient cleanliness of engine room, excessive amount of oily-water mixtures in bilges, insulation of piping, including exhaust pipes in engine room contaminated by oil, improper operation of bilge pumping arrangements.
- satisfies himself of the overall condition of the ship, including the hygiene of the ship, including engine room and accommodation.
- .2.6 The spindles of the sea inlet and direct suction valves shall extend well above the engine-room platform.