- denkbeeldige cirkel, even ver van beide polen, op aarde en aan de hemel
- an imaginary line around the Earth forming the great circle that is equidistant from the north and south poles
"the equator is the boundary between the northern and southern hemispheres"
- a circle dividing a sphere or other surface into two usually equal and symmetrical parts
- The ship will cross the equator tonight.
- Distance per degree of longitude at equator.
- That ship crossed the equator yesterday.
- The equator divides the earth into two hemispheres.
- Quito, Ecuador, is a little south of the equator.
- The equator divides the globe into two hemispheres.
- The capital of the state is right on the equator.
- In Singapore, practically right on the equator, the rainy and dry seasons aren't very clear cut.
- I crossed the equator for the first time on my trip to Australia.
- The tropical rainforests, located in a narrow region near the equator, are disappearing so fast that by the year 2000 eighty percent of them may be gone.
- On either side of the Equator the prevailing winds blow in opposite directions. Shifting of the boundary north and south creates the monsoon.
- Solar energy seems to offer more hope than any other source of energy, particularly because those areas most in need of water lie rather close to the equator and have a relatively clear atmosphere.
- Waters lying between the Equator and 6o00′ south latitude, and east of 3o00′ east longitude.
- Waters lying north of the Equator, and east of 3o00′ east longitude.
- Waters lying north of the Equator, and between 8o00′ west longitude and 3o00′ east longitude.