a trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group; occurs with yttrium
a room in a hospital or clinic staffed and equipped to provide emergency care to persons requiring immediate medical treatment
- Mach was er sagt!
- jeg er meget ked af det
- "Let's see, you're ... er, um ... M-" "You're wrong from the first letter!!"
- "Er, that 'mixer party' thing is then ..." "Just a normal get together."
- "What's up? Fidgeting like that" "Er, well, it looks like the elastic's gone in my pants."
- Er, Sir? What's written on the blackboard isn't an exponential function but a trigonometric one ...
- He had fallen, so I had to take him to the ER.
- "Ah, this is my idiot son Takashi" "Eh-er, yes. (The late) Takashi, right?" "Fuusy, he isn't dead yet! Probably."
- "Did you possibly not notice until just now?" "Er, well ... it was just so beyond my imagination that ..."
- Er, well, I'd like to take a vote. Would people in favour of Mr Ogawa's proposition please raise their hands.
- "Er, Karin ..., shouldn't we call it a night soon?" "No! No quitting while ahead! Next time I'll win for sure!"
- Down there hurts, down there. Er, what do you call them? Testicles? In any case a male's 'important parts'.
- "Is that implying that I go get some sugar in me and then work more?" "Er?" "No, sorry. I'm just sulking a bit."
- So I thought my date, er rather, offline-meeting was going to be just me and her but things aren't that easy.
- "'Fox's wedding'." "Er ...?" "Today, with an 81 percent likelihood, it will be clear skies but, depending on location, there will be sun showers."