- a valve through which burned gases from a cylinder escape into the exhaust manifold
- One or more other components (including exhaust ports, turbochargers, valve guides, valve assemblies or insulated fuel injectors);
- Variable valve timing system (if applicable and where intake and/or exhaust):220.127.116.11.
- Variable valve timing system (if applicable and where intake and/or exhaust)18.104.22.168.1.
- Variable valve timing system (if applicable and where intake and/or exhaust)22.214.171.124.1.
- Variable valve timing system (if applicable and where intake and/or exhaust)126.96.36.199.
- The exhaust back-pressure or restriction must follow the same criteria as above, and may be set with a valve.
- If an exhaust brake is incorporated in the engine, the throttle valve must be fixed in a fully open position.
- Quick response valve — such as the valve of an exhaust brake system of 60 mm in diameter, operated by a pneumatic cylinder with an output of 120 N at 4 bars.
- The valve is opened when the exhaust gas pressure, measured at l00 mm at least downstream from the intake flange, reaches a value between 0,35 and 0,40 bar.
- Variable valve timing system (if applicable and where intake and/or exhaust)188.8.131.52.1. Type: continuous or on/off184.108.40.206.2. Cam phase shift angle:3.2.5. Porting configuration220.127.116.11.
- A by-pass valve may be provided upstream of the opacimeter to isolate it from the exhaust-gas flow when no measurement is being made.
- A butterfly valve or other means of increasing the sampling pressure may be placed in the exhaust pipe at least three 3 D downstream from the sampling probe.
- Depending on the characteristics of the opacimeter, control of sample pressure can be achieved by a fixed restriction or butterfly valve in the exhaust pipe or extension pipe.
- ‘Secondary air’ refers to air introduced into the exhaust system by means of a pump or aspirator valve or other means that is intended to aid in the oxidation of HC and CO contained in the exhaust gas stream.
- The test apparatus shall be adjusted in such a way that the exhaust gas flow is alternately interrupted and re-established by the quick action valve for 2500 cycles.