- (colloquial) the application of maximum thrust
"he moved the throttle to the firewall"
- a fireproof (or fire-resistant) wall designed to prevent the spread of fire through a building or a vehicle
- (computing) a security system consisting of a combination of hardware and software that limits the exposure of a computer or computer network to attack from crackers; commonly used on local area networks that are connected to the internet
- A firewall will guarantee Internet security.
- I need to configure this server with an appropriate firewall system.
- use of a hardware or software firewall,
- Firewall: Open incoming and outgoing packets on port 25.
- A firewall shall be used to connect to the network and a router connects the Eucaris application to the firewall.
- They shall use a firewall that protects against incoming traffic, as well as a firewall on workstations that ensures that only authorised programs communicate with the outside.
- The system is able to use novice security techniques such as an XML-firewall.
- local operational security tasks including firewall audit, regular security testing, auditing and reporting;
- Each Member State has separate logical access points to the CNI via a central firewall.
- all operational security tasks relating to the Communication Infrastructure, including firewall audit, regular security testing, auditing and reporting;
- A firewall is a hardware/software solution that isolates organisations’ computer networks and thereby protects them against external threats.
- All generic services must therefore, at a minimum, be protected by a firewall, antivirus and an intrusion detection system.
- all operational security tasks relating to the communication infrastructure such as, firewall audit, regular security testing, auditing, reporting;
- The firewall mechanism involves a number of individual points directed at reducing the information flow between ETC and the parent companies and vice versa.
- Each Member State has separate logical access points to the CNI via a central firewall. The Communication Infrastructure between the CS-SIS and the NI-SIS consists of: