- characterized by or full of force or strength (often but not necessarily physical)
"a forceful speaker"
"a forceful personality"
- Tom is forceful.
- He was a forceful leader.
- I also need to get people to understand the real me! My forceful behaviour is one way I try to do this!
- The plump young woman thrust the heel of her stiletto into my big toe under the pretence that I had been too forceful.
- My impression of this government is that they need a more forceful economic policy, otherwise they'll encounter large problems in the future.
- The European Employment Taskforce recommended that the EU should address more forceful recommendations to the Member States.
- The European Employment Taskforce recommended more forceful recommendations and a more effective use of peer review, rather than engaging in a process of further change of the Guidelines.
- Forceful implementation of such national schemes should help to safeguard financial stability, restore the normal functioning of credit markets and underpin credit availability for businesses and households while preserving the level playing field in the internal market.