compassionate feelings that support a willingness to forgive
the act of excusing a mistake or offense
- I ask your forgiveness.
- Christ taught forgiveness.
- Tom begged Mary for forgiveness.
- Forgiveness is the greatest gift of all.
- You knelt down, begging God for forgiveness.
- The princess begged forgiveness from the emperor.
- She sought forgiveness for her guilty acts.
- It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission.
- You ask in vain for forgiveness; your actions are unforgivable.
- I made you wait so long; I beg your forgiveness.
- Then the woman felt ashamed and asked for the king’s forgiveness, and he forgave her.
- Don't ask me for forgiveness. What's been done has been done.
- If you want her forgiveness you need to come clean about what you did.
- They also teach that, for great sins, they cannot receive forgiveness unless they confess to their leader.
- When I was young I used to pray for a bike. Then I realized that God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.