- (van personen) niet meer blijven bij
leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch
- I won't forsake you.
- Don't forsake me!
- I can't forsake a friend in trouble.
- We made a bargain that we wouldn't forsake each other.
- He could not forsake his friend in trouble.
- He who seeks a flawless horse or flawless wife, may rest assured that even if his work he did forsake, nor bed nor stable would he ever fill.
- He who seeketh horse or wife without flaws, may forsake his work and bear in mind that bed and stable forever empty he will keep.
- No boast the tyrant's scorn shall make - how friend to friend can faith forsake. But from the double death shall know, that truth and love yet live below!