- buitengrens v.e. land
- an international boundary or the area (often fortified) immediately inside the boundary
- a wilderness at the edge of a settled area of a country
"the individualism of the frontier in Andrew Jackson's day"
- an undeveloped field of study; a topic inviting research and development
"he worked at the frontier of brain science"
- We crossed the frontier yesterday.
- The soldiers proceeded to the frontier with caution.
- The soldiers headed for the frontier with caution.
- Many families went west to make a new life on the frontier.
- Where the frontier of science once was is now the centre.
- Many families left to make a new life on the frontier.
- ‘… frontier price.’,
- Frontier post:
- ‘… frontier price.’, read:
- ‘frontier price, duty unpaid.’
- a frontier worker (employed)
- Frontier worker (employed)
- Frontier worker (self-employed)
- Support for ‘frontier’ research
- ‘Frontier’ research projects