give and take
- I may give up soon and just take a nap.
- Give him an inch and he'll take a yard.
- You need to have give-and-take in your relationship.
- Give him an inch and he'll take a mile.
- Give him an inch and he will take a yard.
- There must be some sort of give-and-take.
- Give Tom an inch and he'll take a mile.
- In marriage there should be equal give and take.
- Please take the pillow and blanket and give them to me.
- Maybe I'll just give up soon and take a nap instead.
- Blessed are those who give without remembering and take without forgetting.
- If you can't take it, give up and do what I, your older sister, asked of you.
- But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.
- The Commission may request Member States to supply information, and Member States shall take whatever steps are necessary in order to give effect to such requests.
- The pilot in command must have the authority to give all commands and take any appropriate actions for the purpose of securing the operation and the safety of the aircraft and of persons and/or property carried therein.