- the members of a university as distinguished from the other residents of the town in which the university is located
"the relations between town and gown are always sensitive"
- Please put on this gown.
- Her gown was a cheap affair.
- The gown is made of silk.
- She was wearing a gown of satin.
- I helped her into a gown.
- She really cut a dash in her pink evening gown.
- She walked down the aisle in style, wearing her gorgeous mermaid-cut tulle wedding gown.
- The doctor was in a white gown over a blue suit.
- I'm looking forward to seeing you in your cap and gown.
- The Miss Universe contestant tripped on her gown but got up again gracefully and continued down the runway.