- The rumor turned out to be groundless.
- So far, your action seems completely groundless.
- They are always believing a groundless rumor.
- He chafed under the groundless criticism.
- You're wasting your energy. Your complaint is groundless.
- The fact is that the rumor is groundless.
- It is important to note that his assertion is groundless.
- It is not that Johnson's claim is groundless but that it is misleading.
- The hypothetical leverage of 1:50 was also groundless.
- However, on the basis of the factual evidence collected by the Commission, these objections were found to be unsubstantiated and groundless.